Don’t you think trims and doors deserve a makeover when it comes to regular painting? We find it strange that trims and doors don’t get the same level of care and maintenance as walls and ceilings. It is unfair because a robust, glaring door provides home security and creates a great first impression for your house.
A well-painted trim and door will enhance the appearance of your home. For this purpose, you can paint trim and doors much easier with a paint sprayer. Also, you can achieve professional-looking results and save a lot of money with quality paint sprayers. In that light, we have reviewed the best paint sprayer for trim and doors so that you can tackle the projects like a pro.
Here are our top picks and reviews of the best paint sprayers for doors and trim!
Table of Contents
- 6 Best Paint Sprayers For Trim and Doors (HVLP & Airless) 2023
- 1. Graco Magnum X5 Airless Paint Sprayer-Best Paint Sprayer For Trim And Doors
- 2. Wagner 0518080 HVLP Paint or Stain Sprayer-Best Paint Sprayer For Interior Doors And Trim
- 3. Fuji 2203G HVLP Spray System-Best Professional Paint Sprayer For Trim
- 4. Wagner Control Spray 250 HVLP-Best Inexpensive Paint Sprayer For Trim And Door
- 5. Home Right C800971 HVLP Paint Sprayer-Best Paint Sprayer For Cabinets And Trim
- 6. Graco 360 VSP Handheld-Best Airless Paint Sprayer For Trim
- How To Paint Trim?
- what paint to use on doors and Trims?
- The Best Paint Sprayer For Trim Work And Doors: What To Look For?
- * Best Types Of Paint Sprayers For Trim And Doors
- Conclusion On Best Paint Sprayer For trim and Doors:
- FAQs On Best Paint Sprayer For Trim and Doors
- Does a paint sprayer work on trim?
- What is the best paint sprayer tip for trim and doors?
- What’s better, spraying or brushing?
- How to paint trim with spray gun?
- Should I prime interior doors before I spray paint them?
- Is it possible to spray paint trim?
6 Best Paint Sprayers For Trim and Doors (HVLP & Airless) 2023
|Graco Magnum X5 Airless Paint Sprayer
|Check on Amazon|
BEST HVLP FOR TRIM
|Wagner 0518080 HVLP Stain and Paint Sprayer
|Check on Amazon|
|Fuji 2203G HVLP Spray System
|Check on Amazon|
|Home Right C800971 HVLP Paint Sprayer
|Check on Amazon|
|Wagner Control Spray 250 HVLP Sprayer
|Check on Amazon|
BEST FOR HOME USE
|Graco 360 VSP Handheld Airless sprayer
|Check on Amazon|
Best Trim Paint Sprayer
- Graco X5 Airless Paint Sprayer
- We select GRACO X5 sprayer because it allows you to control the pressure output greatly, so you can accurately apply paint. You can even spray with unthinned paint for a variety of projects.
1. Graco Magnum X5 Airless Paint Sprayer-Best Paint Sprayer For Trim And Doors
Graco X5 Airless sprayers is our top choice because it is the perfect tool for homeowners who want to save money by doing the work themselves in a short time interval. With the Graco X5 sprayer, you can eliminate the hassle of excessive clogging with its RAC IV reversible Switch Tip. When the unit becomes clogged, just reverse the Switch Tip so that it continues to function.
With the Graco X5 system, you can spray medium-to-large areas by using a metal SG2 spray gun. The compact size of the Graco X5 floor-standing sprayer may appeal to users who have limited work space or garage shop.
It’s pump is capable of pumping 0.27 gallons per minute when combined with the RAC IV 515 tip. According to Graco project series, the product should be used no more than 125 gallons per year which is more than enough to handle any home improvement project of average size.
You can use graco sprayer to paint both interior or exterior painting projects. With its great precision, it will let you control the process more effectively.
As an additional feature, It’s flexible suction intake tube works with 1 or 5 gallon original containers, so you won’t have to refill it as frequently. Thus, the spray system is easy to use, even for smaller tasks that require only a small amount of paint.
With a 75-foot hose, the spray gun connects to the base unit. You can use hose without reducing finish quality or overstressing the motor to spend less time moving around.
When it comes to choosing coatings, the Graco X5 paint sprayer can work with a wide range of paint mediums. From stains to latex, it works without thinning.
Additionally, this unit includes a viscosity cup so that you can test your chosen coating medium for the correct dilution prior to use.
It is a requirement of all airless sprayers to prime before use so that the entire system is filled with your coating medium – without air bubbles. In the Magnum X5, the Push Prime technology eliminates the need for multiple steps in the preparation process.
There is no doubt that paint spraying systems are extremely difficult to clean, and if you don’t do it correctly, it could damage the tool’s performance. Therefore, finding an option that is easy to clean becomes extremely important.
Fortunately, the Graco X5 excels here as well. To speed up post-project cleanup, the Graco Magnum X5 comes with a power flush adapter. The garden hose then clears out the pipes and tubes quickly, so you don’t have to worry about clogs or additional problems the next time you use the spray system.
Of course, you also save so much time by using this system. After you finish spraying trim with an airless sprayer, you won’t have to worry about the cleaning process.
Learn more about Graco X5 features and its performance rating in details.
- Suitable for large and medium DIY projects
- Portable pump
- Compact design
- 75-foot long hose
- Easily cleanable with a flush adapter
- It requires no frequent filling
- Compatible with thinned and un thinned paints
- Fully adjustable pressure
- High pressure causes vibrations
- It lacks a storage compartment for tips, spray gun, or power cord
The Graco X5 is a compact, powerful, lightweight airless sprayer designed for anyone interested in home improvement project. So, If you are looking for one of the most portable floor-standing units around, be sure to check out the Graco Magnum X5 Airless Sprayer.
2. Wagner 0518080 HVLP Paint or Stain Sprayer-Best Paint Sprayer For Interior Doors And Trim
Wagner HVLP paint sprayers are perfect for painting small to medium surfaces in a timely manner. It’s actually a very affordable model that provides quality finish.
You might find the Wagner 0518080 Control Max HVLP Sprayer useful if you’re looking for a paint sprayer that’s easy to use.
The machine features a powerful 2-stage turbine, making it ideal for spraying latex paint. Also, this sprayer does not have any problem spraying lacquers, oil-paints, sealers, and stains.
An HVLP design enables you to produce fine finish work. In spite of the fact that most HVLP designs struggle to paint walls, or large areas, this model really makes it convenient to paint such large surfaces.
Moreover, its adjustable settings allow it to handle even small or medium projects like decks, trims, cabinets, or fences.
The Wagner model has a stationary base — one does not have to hold the whole unit but only the spray head and cup. Ultimately, this will reduce your fatigue so that you can paint longer.
We all love Wagner Lock N Go system that takes care the cleaning process. In addition, it doesn’t have many components, making it easier to clean. You can discover a variety of Wagner control max benefits in detail.
- Corded, electric paint sprayer
- Best paint sprayer for doors
- Stationery base unit — more forgiving on your arms
- Lock-and-go feature makes cleanup easy
- High precision, low overspray
- Variable settings ensure even coverage
- Adjusts the flow rate
- A metal and plastic cup for spraying is included
- Featuring a two-stage turbine design
- Warranty of one year
- No recharging required
- Thinners may be required for some paints
- Not suitable for vertical painting tasks
Regardless of your budget, you’ll get smooth, even, and consistent results from Wagner 0518080 Control Max HVLP Sprayer. This HVLP sprayer includes many features common to those with a higher price tag. In fact, Its ease of operation is a great selling point for beginners in the DIY world. So, it deserves our recommendation today.
3. Fuji 2203G HVLP Spray System-Best Professional Paint Sprayer For Trim
It takes a lot of time and effort to paint with a brush and roller. However, HVLP paint sprayers, like the Fuji 2203G can handle the same job much faster and more efficiently. Paint experts, contractors, DIYers, and professionals can all use Fuji sprayers.
This is a versatile and affordable paint spraying system that comes with many features. It comes with a powerful 1400-watt two-stage motor, and the metal turbine casing that ensures durability. A 400cc metal cup and a 1.3-mm air nozzle are also included.
It is powerful enough to handle most painting projects, though thicker paints may need diluting. Despite its 25-foot length, the lightweight and portable unit can reach into nooks and crannies.
In addition, the stay-cool coating makes sure it does not get too hot when exposed to the sun. As a result, your hand will stay dry, and you won’t drop the sprayer.
When you release the trigger of a non-bleed paint gun, the air and paint both stop flowing. Consequently, there will be less overspray and fewer drips.
- HVLP spray gun for professional use
- A powerful, 1400 watt motor and a 25ft hose
- Comfortable handle design
- Flexible spray pattern
- Additional air nozzles can be purchased separately
- Simple to disassemble.
- Brush included for cleaning
- Limited two-year warranty
- Loud operation
- A small cup size means frequent refilling
Fuji’s 2203G Semi-Pro Gravity System offers excellent performance as well as quality. You can use your Fuji sprayer in your interior or exterior home decors, trims, doors, furniture, or crafting projects. Your investment will be worth it since this is an efficient unit that finishes the job flawlessly.
4. Wagner Control Spray 250 HVLP-Best Inexpensive Paint Sprayer For Trim And Door
The Wagner spraying device is designed to spray stain with precision— this means it works best on trim moldings and embossed door designs.
This handheld turbine unit is lightweight and compact, making it easy to handle and easy to operate.
The Wagner 0529042 Control spray nozzle features a finishing tip that can deliver stains, sealers, urethanes and lacquers — but thick paint may require thinning as well.
The spray tip technology can also maximize coverage for a quick and hassle-free job. Plus, you can adjust the multiple spray pattern settings to meet the project requirements
Its six-foot power lead provides enough freedom without becoming a safety issue. Furthermore, the gun handle has a cord-protector that extends its lifespan.
The sprayer comes with an 0.84-quart paint cup. Using Lock-N-Go technology, it can easily be detached with the nozzle for simple post-project cleaning.
Additionally, this best trim sprayer comes with a material flow dial that lets you regulate the spray intensity according to your stain or sealant’s density.
- Good warranty period
- Spray interior trim with HVLP
- Adjustable flow rate
- Comfortable handling
- Easy to use
- Compact design
- Cleanup is easy with removable parts
- Suitable for use with lacquer, stain, urethane, and varnish
- A top switch allows for easy control
- Noisy small sprayer
- Un thinned paint performs poorly
The Wagner 0529042 Control Spray 250 HVLP sprayer can be used for indoor or outdoor projects. In fact, staining an 8′ x 10′ area in less than two minutes means you can easily get the job done quickly as long as you adjust your material flow, or else you risk overusing paint. So, pick up the best Wagner paint sprayer for trim at the best price.
5. Home Right C800971 HVLP Paint Sprayer-Best Paint Sprayer For Cabinets And Trim
If you’re searching for an HVLP paint sprayer that offers smooth, even coverage in less time, you should consider the HomeRight Super Finish Max Paint Sprayer. You can use this product to apply the final coat of paint to your project.
A paint sprayer is useless if it cannot handle the paint you’re using. In fact, you may damage the sprayer if you use the wrong type of paint. But don’t worry, Its powerful 450-watt single-stage turbine can work with a wide range of thick and thin fluids.
This best paint sprayer for trim and cabinet can be used with primers, latex, chalks, enamels, milk, oil, sealers, varnish, polyurethane, and other paints and stains.
Its interchangeable tips also make it easy to tackle numerous projects – without the need for thinning paints. Also, there are three spray tip attachments included with this model.
Almost any DIY project is possible with this sprayer because of its power and versatility. Particularly, this sprayer is great for staining trim, doors, fences, cabinets, and decks.
HomeRight Handheld Paint Sprayer includes two different air caps for controlling the flow of paint. Moreover, it features a volume dial that allows you to conveniently adjust the spray pattern’s intensity.
Changing the diameter is as easy as turning the dial. It has a width adjustment of up to 12 inches. So, the painting process doesn’t require you to adjust yourself or the object.
With this HVLP sprayer, you can minimize overspray and get better results. They’re a highly efficient sprayer designed to save you time and money.
- Self-contained spray system works without a compressor
- Effortless, fast, cleaning
- Best trim paint sprayer for beginners
- Anyone can learn to use it quickly
- Little overspray means less waste
- 3 Brass spray tips are included
- Paint volume is adjustable
- Not suitable for ceilings or floors
- Large projects are not recommended
Considering all its capabilities and features – HomeRight Super Finish Max is a reasonably priced handheld model for painting trim. The HomeRight HVLP Sprayer has proved itself to be an excellent tool for many home improvement projects.
6. Graco 360 VSP Handheld-Best Airless Paint Sprayer For Trim
The TrueCoat 360VSP Airless paint sprayer belongs to Graco’s Project Series. The Graco tools are designed for DIYers and homeowners to tackle small to medium-sized projects. A number of home improvement projects (including trim, doors, outdoor furniture, interior walls, ceilings, and shutters) can be completed with this handheld airless sprayer.
The Graco model comes with a variable speed setting. So you can go at your own pace regardless of how much pressure you want. In addition, The VacuValve technology allows the gun to work even when it is inverted, which is perfect for reaching other places that are hard to access.
With the lightweight unit, you will not experience arm or hand fatigue when painting for long periods of time.
It features a patented Reverse-a-Clean system that prevents paint clogs and provides precision, atomization in a spray pattern ranging from 4 to 12 inches long.
The Graco VSP paint sprayer is equipped with four Flex Liner bags and the Graco claims that this feature can reduce refill stops by 25 percent – so you can get your job done faster.
VacuValve technology also enables FlexLiner Paint systems to deliver paint in any direction. You just need to simply squeeze the bag to remove excess air.
You can turn inside the bag for a second use but it is good to replace it with a new one.
- 360-degree spray pattern
- 25-gallon consumption annually
- Includes four 42-ounce FlexLiner bags
- Storage case
- Variable flow rate
- Allows for a wide range of materials – with no need to thin
- It comes with multiple spray tips
- Spray width is 4 to 12 inches
- The power cord could be longer
- Not suitable for professional use
Beginners and professionals alike appreciate the ability to control both pressure and speed of paint delivery on one dial of this Graco 360 VSP sprayer. Moreover, it also delivers a high-quality finish with a customizable paint process. Overall, It offers great value at this price.
How To Paint Trim?
- As a first step, you should remove the furniture from the room.
- Another step is to tape up adjacent surfaces. In this way, you will be able to protect the trim surfaces from spills while you spray paint them.
- Ensure that any floor surfaces close to or under the trim and door are covered. Remove the door and any door hardware from the frame.
- You should also check the doors and trim for cracks or holes. Now, use a sanding pad to sand any rough areas, then thoroughly wipe all the trim and door surfaces and let it dry thoroughly to ensure paint adhesion.
- You can spray the stain or paint on the door and trim and choose a spray tip that is suitable for it.
Whenever painting interior walls, it’s a good idea to paint trim first.
- When spraying trim, keep the tip close to the surface about 12 inches and spray in long, even strokes.
- When painting doors, it is recommended that each successive pass is overlapped by 50%.
what paint to use on doors and Trims?
If you plan to paint your interior trim and doors, or any other part of your house, you should do your research first. There are many sprayers that are designed for spraying doors and trim, but they lack the power or nozzle needed to spray block fillers, epoxy, and textured mediums. You will almost certainly not be painting your doors with these viscous paints.
A door sprayer is capable of delivering a wide range of chemicals often used for woodwork coverage, including:
- Weather proofers.
- Oil-based paints.
The Best Paint Sprayer For Trim Work And Doors: What To Look For?
If you are shopping for the best paint sprayer for trim and doors, make sure to consider the following factors.
* Best Types Of Paint Sprayers For Trim And Doors
HVLP Spray Guns
Handheld HVLP sprayers are the most affordable painting type, so we recommend having one in your toolbox to handle all those small paint jobs. Sprayers that use HVLP technology typically produce less waste and overspray than those that use airless sprayers.
Airless Paint Sprayers
A professional way to finish large projects is with airless sprayers. However, airless sprayers cost more than handheld HVLP spray guns, but they spray paint at a higher pressure for good atomization and better results.
Gravity Feed Spray Gun
If you have an air compressor and an air regulator, you can always buy a top feed paint sprayer. These sprayers are often used for painting automobiles.
Aerosol Spray Cans
Spray paint for trim is another good option since they are simple to use and easy to throw away after use.
Paint sprayers with higher wattages do not necessarily perform better, so you must remember that each of these painting models uses a certain amount of energy. Choosing a sprayer with the appropriate power depends on the projects you plan on doing.
You should not use a paint sprayer with very high power for trim and doors as this would be a waste of money unless you have large projects to work on. However, a powerful sprayer is useful for spraying latex or oil-based paint.
* Material Type: Plastic or Metal
The best paint sprayer for trim and doors is made of plastic because they are easy to move around than those constructed from metal. However, this means they’re not suitable for heavy-duty painting tasks, while metal ones are more likely to hold up to more challenging jobs.
You can find advantages and disadvantages in both types of paint sprayers, and it depends on the needs of a particular consumer.
A longer hose helps you reach wider areas without having to move the entire sprayer, making painting trim and doors much easier.
* Sizes & Tips For Sprayers
There are a variety of ways to adjust the spray pressure on different types of paint sprayers. Many of them come with several spray tips in different sizes while others have an adjustable knob on the side to allow the paint to be released. The best paint sprayer for trim and doors comes with different-sized tips so you can efficiently complete various tasks.
In addition, some paint guns with reversed tip capability will let you spray paint through the tip to unclog it and continue spraying. The airless paint sprayer is commonly known for its reversible tip feature.
* Paint Capacity
Usually, HVLP sprayers can hold a small quantity of paint in the can. Whereas, with most airless sprayers, you can spray the paint directly from the container. You just need to dip the suction hose into a bucket of paint and spray it all out quickly.
* A Cordless Option
Some HVLP paint sprayers are available in battery-powered versions that you may find useful in certain situations.
Conclusion On Best Paint Sprayer For trim and Doors:
Now you should put your paintbrush to rest and invest in the best paint sprayer for trim and doors. A paint sprayer is the most efficient way of painting doors and trim — preventing brush marks and bristles from ruining the final finish and delivers a flawless finish in a fraction of the time.
We chose the Graco X5 Airless Paint Sprayer as our top pick for best paint sprayer for doors and trim because it allows you to achieve a fine quality finish. We also like our second and third choices for spray painting trim and doors.
In terms of budget options, The Wagner 0518080 HVLP Paint or Stain Sprayer is a great choice for occasional paint spraying and if you cannot compensate with the best quality, then Fuji Spray 2203G HVLP Spray System should be in your house.
After months of research and testing, we have finally compiled the list of Best paint sprayer for trims and doors in 2022, so you could save time and get what you need right away.
We hope you found this Best Trim Paint Sprayer guide to be helpful whether you need a paint sprayer for your business or for your own projects. Good luck!
FAQs On Best Paint Sprayer For Trim and Doors
Does a paint sprayer work on trim?
We often overlook the importance of painting trim and doors in a room. In fact, a paint sprayer is a great way to remove brush marks and provide an even coating of paint on the trim and door surface for a professional look.
What is the best paint sprayer tip for trim and doors?
You can use a blue 311 tip or a green 310 tip for doors and trim. However, the green 310 is most often used for this purpose. The 6-inch spray fan creates a faster, more even coat on doors than smaller tips.
What’s better, spraying or brushing?
Spraying trim leaves you with better results. This will ensure a smoother finish than brushing.
How to paint trim with spray gun?
Following are my top tips for using a spray gun when addressing door or trim:
- Be sure to cover the walls with masking tape before beginning to spray.
- You should use a tip that delivers precisely- like the Control Spray 250.
- Adjust the gun’s power to the lowest setting possible.
- You should finish each section in one go- horizontally for top trim and vertically for side trim.
Should I prime interior doors before I spray paint them?
It depends on the type of coat. A water-based medium won’t require priming, so you can spray directly on the top of it. However, high gloss paints will need sanding to ensure the paint’s adhesion or priming.
Is it possible to spray paint trim?
It is easy to spray paint baseboard trim even for beginners if you have an airless sprayer with a small spray tip. Spray-painted baseboards have smoother finish than using a quality paintbrush.
Jennifer Marie is a general contractor with over the years of experience in home remodeling, DIY projects, and commercial painting projects. Her experience includes working with paint sprayers, painting tools, and other painting supplies. You can follow her on Facebook.